IT Support Assistant
With over 1200 employees to take care of across our 10 global offices, It’s fair to say our Office Management team are the real superstars in ensuring we have an inspiring, comfortable environment to work in every day.
The role is responsible for working as part of a team to support the UK office (approx. 350 users) and occasionally Europe and the U.S with IT-related issues, providing responsive 1st & 2nd line desktop support, maintenance/troubleshooting of new and existing systems.
What You’ll do:
- Manage all aspects of IT support services including laptops running Windows 7 and Apple Mac OS X, Windows Server 2012 R2, Meraki Access points and Cisco Network Switches
- Provide good server and desktop technical support both physically and remotely
- Pro-active management and monitoring to ensure good working condition of all Polycom Group 500 video conferencing units and VoIP phones as well as all AV systems
- Install and configure software and hardware for end-users to agreed standards under the direction of the team leader
- Enforce IT processes and procedures and promote JIRA ticketing system.
- Support end-users in the office for all IT issues and respond to queries in a timely manner
- Maintain the existing PCs and peripherals to standards determined by the team leader by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software
- Troubleshoot and diagnose hardware/software faults and solve technical and application problems
- Pro-actively provide information to users on the progress of outstanding support calls
- Contribute to ensuring that the systems and software helpdesks are kept up-to-date, messages are passed on and feedback received promptly
Who You Are:
- Ideally, minimum of 1 - 2 years’ experience working in a similar role
- Knowledge of Windows networks, Windows 7/10, Office 2010 - 2016/O365, SCCM 2012, AD administration, Google Apps, Symantec Endpoint Encryption, System Centre Endpoint Protection, printers, PC and Mac devices and OS
- Good knowledge of network administration and troubleshooting (LANs, WANs, VPN, TCP/IP, Switches and Routers, firewall, Wi-Fi and access points)
- Good knowledge of MS Exchange server and email clients including outlook for Windows and Mac (2010 – 2016) and Mac Mail
- Ability to take directions working with limited supervision as well as apply own initiatives
- Ability to come up with new ideas to further improve the level of service delivered to users
- Logical and calm with ability to inspire confidence in IT services
- Ability to thrive in a continuously busy environment
- Approachable and proactive approach
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships