SEO Executive- Japanese speaking
NEW TECHNOLOGIES. BIG CHALLENGES. THE CHANCE TO BE PART OF SOMETHING GENUINELY GROUNDBREAKING. THESE ARE JUST SOME OF THE THINGS WE CAN OFFER AT FARFETCH.
Digital Marketing is one of the largest teams at Farfetch consisting of 50+ people split across 5 main teams; Performance Marketing, SEO, CRM, Analytics and Data Science. Made up of experts in the field from a variety of different industries, they are responsible for working across all of our global markets. They make sure our presence remains high and mighty with new and existing customers, setting us apart from our competitors and ensuring we are always one step ahead of the curve.
FOR THE BOLD. THE ONES WHO CHALLENGE CONVENTION AND DARE TO DREAM.
You will be responsible for the organic performance for the Japanese market at Farfetch. This will include a wide range of tasks and responsibilities to ensure the organic search target for Japan is met within digital marketing department. The role will cover all the hands-on work you would expect in an SEO role; on-page optimisation, competitor audits, tech recommendations, influencer outreach and content creation. Besides that you will be the primary point of contact for a supporting agency based in Japan and have control over your allocated budget within the region, allowing you to make positive strategic decisions.
While the role is based in London you will have a close relationship with our local office in Tokyo ensuring all stakeholders are kept up-to-date with activity and results. We are looking for keen, creative professionals that have a genuine interest in SEO to join a fast paced dynamic team.
What You’ll do:
- Create and regularly update a keyword strategy looking at all important areas of the Farfetch business
- Use tools to identify which pages present the most opportunity based on revenue and search data, optimising accordingly
- Create meta data and on-page tags for required pages in Japanese
- Use an internal CMS to upload and update pages with content and SEO tags
- Monitor the organic performance of Farfetch Japan using analytics tools and generate monthly reports explaining results
- Identify competitors in the Japanese market and monitor their SEO efforts, incorporating learnings into your own strategy
- Act as the primary contact for SEO agency in Japan ensuring all work is delivered on time as per specific project plans
- Build strategic roadmaps for Farfetch Japan pushing organic search growth to meet targets
- Hold regular updates with the Tokyo office sharing your plans and explaining results
- Flag technical issues as quickly as possible using a ticketing system, limited errors and downtime
- Working alongside social media and PR teams in Japan understanding where collaborations and opportunity may be found
- To help think of creative campaign ideas for the SEO team that can then be utilised to help build link and increase organic performance
- Generate outreach and link building event ideas as a way to build relationships with influencers and KOLs
- Implement regular tests and present back to the digital marketing team your findings on a monthly basis
Who You Are:
- Intermediate understanding of Search Engine optimisation (SEO)
- Good understanding of on-page SEO techniques
- Knowledge of ranking factors in Google and Yahoo JP organic search
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills
- An ability to work to a brief with clear deadlines but also to work independently
- A good understanding of the wider fashion industry, including knowledge of fashion ecommerce sites, blogs and fashion magazines in Japan
- Good understanding of Google Analytics and SEO reporting
- Has previously worked with some of these SEO tools; Screaming Frog, Botify, BrightEdge, Advanced Web Rankings, Search Metrics, Moz and Google Analytics
- Degree related to creative subject or digital marketing
- Someone that runs their own blog/website
- Knowledge of the fashion industry
- More than 1+ years SEO experience working in-house or at an agency
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following…
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships