The purpose of this new role is to be the innovative designer for the hosiery division of this successful, design led manufacturer; working alongside the Commercial and Technical team to create products for all customers.
The role has two facets:
- Design and development for the fine gauge and heavy gauge hosiery business (existing established business)
- Develop and design Santoni intimate apparel. This is a new area for the company and requires someone with an enquiring mind to explore new product offers and exploit this technology to business advantage.
Ideally you will have either:
- A broad understanding of fine gauge and heavy gauge hosiery products or
- Be an intimate apparel designer, ideally with a sportswear background. As this role is a blend of needs your background could be either of the above but with a strong desire to quickly learn the other.
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years’ experience post university.
What will you be doing:
- Compiling ideas, new product developments and innovations
- Researching and identifying key trends
- Running meetings within your team and with the customer
- Commercial awareness of the customer and their needs.
- Working to tight deadlines
- Producing CADS, so knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop is required.
- Technically bias designer
- Ability to present ideas and concepts to customers
- Enquiring mind
- A positive person with an in-built resilience
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
You will have a determination and drive to succeed with the ability to work well within a small team but also using your own initiative. This position is based at the Company Head Offices in Nottingham but will involve travel throughout the year, both UK and offshore.
Apply for Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly