This is a fantastic opportunity to join this unique business which not only develops its own products but acts as a leading retailer in its field. With rapid growth this retailer requires an experienced product technologist to join their expanding team. The role is to work on cosmetics, accessories, toys and costumes for both children and adults.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Managing multiple products from initial sample to approval of shipment samples.
- Accessing styles in terms of price, quality and product safety.
- Chairing customer meetings when required.
- Compiling clear, concise comments for suppliers with photos and technical diagrams as applicable.
- Communicating with customers, other UK teams and the Far East supply base on a daily basis.
- Setting and ensuring the relevant product safety and testing requirements are met for each product.
- Critical Path management and meeting target deadlines.
- A strong Technical background with other product knowledge of Cosmetics/Toy/Accessory/Costume and/or similar items.
- A proven track record in developing Technical standards/fit/blocks/grading etc..
- Ability to problem solve, pre-empt risks and find solutions.
- Previous experience of working with suppliers in Asia.
- Previous experience of working with multiple retailers and prioritising workloads.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Competent IT skills (Word, Excel & Email)
- Ability to self-motivate.
- Knowledge of AQL, Testing, TSD and current Legislation for related products.
- Social, Ethical Trading Compliance experience would be advantageous.
This role is to be based in Leeds. Some travel to Asia is essential.
Dependant on experience.
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.