As Knitwear Technologist you will be responsible for the technical execution of knitwear (men’s and women’s with emphasis on womenswear) from initial prototype to gold seal in line with the critical path, brand ethos and compliance guidelines working closely with the Design, product and production teams. The successful candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in garment technology for a premium high street, contemporary or luxury brand, expertise in women’s knitwear is a must!
This design led contemporary brand sells worldwide.
- Responsible for executing knitwear following styles from initial prototype to production sign off.
- Work closely with design to interpret design aesthetic from sketch into reality.
- Attend fit meetings with Design and Production, ensuring that fit packs are complete and manufacturers are updated.
- Inspect and measure garments for fit meetings.
- Liaise with Design, Pattern Room, and Production to ensure product quality is kept up to standard.
- Ensure all technical information is up to date on product packs.
- Liaise with the in-house pattern room, design and suppliers to maintain product approval deadlines in line with the critical path for production.
- Inform suppliers of any bulk quality issues and take appropriate action.
- Identify and resolve problems as they arise with bulk production in the warehouse
- Monitor Customer and Supplier returns in orders to report on supplier performance.
- Create and manage the critical path for fit sessions.
- Fit and sign off approval pre-shipments samples.
- Liaise with the Fabric department for care label development.
- Issue specs and advise design when grading product.
- Work with the Senior Technical Manager to ensure supplier guidelines are adhered to, updating the existing QA manual as appropriate in relation to sampling, construction and labelling.
- Technologist with a minimum of 5 years’ experience including expertise in women’s knitwear working across all gauges.
- Premium high street, contemporary of luxury experience essential.
- Ability to sign off product to Gold Seal Standard.
- Demonstrate an understanding of production requirements from a commercial as well as a design perspective.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills with sound knowledge of the critical path.