Assistant Merchandiser- Topshop
A BIT ABOUT TOPSHOP
Topshop is a mecca for cool girls and the electric British style is known all over the world. Over 300 stores are currently operating in the UK and we also ship to over 100 other countries - the world really is our oyster! The Oxford Circus flagship - a fashion setter our customer cannot resist - spreads its love over the pond to flagships in Chicago and New York. We are on a mission to bring style to our customer wherever they are.
Topshop's directional pieces with luxurious finishes are products that any customer would fall seriously in love with. The international creative scene is captured in the mix as the globe is scoured for the very best up-and-coming design talent. Not only this, but pieces are brought to our customer inspired by the catwalk and produced to fit perfectly into their wardrobe - think collaborations with Christopher Kane, Kate Moss, Celia Birtwell, Marios Schwab and David Koma. Here, there is a fresh take on making new season pieces work.
So... Are you inspired and driven by style setting in a fast-paced environment to produce the star of our customer's wardrobe? At Topshop you will absolutely love everything fashion and gain the opportunity to show off your amazing talent and passion to inspire our customer.
Your main responsibilities in a Assistant Merchandising role will be assisting the Merchandiser in the Commercial Operation of your department by delivering a product offer that exceeds customer expectations and achieves sales and profit targets through effective supply chain management.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- You will be responsible for the smooth day to day operation of the Merchandising department.
- Support the creation of the new season's sales and range plans for your chosen product area/range.
- Monitor department sales performance and identify opportunities and risks.
- Participate in trade meetings.
- Manage the supply chain.
- Develop and manage the MAA in order to develop them to the next stage in their career.
- Manage the Merchandising element of the critical path to ensure deadlines are met.
- Undertake store visits and competitor shops to assess your department against your competition.
- Evaluate supplier performance regarding pricing, reliability, timing and accuracy.
- Develop strong relationships both within your own team and across functions.
In order to be successful for an Assistant Merchandiser role, you will have;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the confidence to deal with people at all levels.
- Commercial awareness.
- Proven demonstration of analytical skills.
- A good knowledge of Merchandising systems.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- A strong eye for detail.
- Enthusiasm and the ability to work on your own and as part of a team.
- Advanced Excel Skills.
THE EXCITING PART
• Generous holiday with holiday trading
• 25% staff discount
• Early finish summer hours
• A special treat when you join us!
• Access to sample sales
• Regular team and company social events
• Pension scheme
• Company bonus scheme
• Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
Apply for Assistant Merchandiser- Topshop
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly