Assistant Buyer- Topshop
Assistant Buyer – Topshop
The Role -
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Assistant Buyer to join our brand, Topshop. This is a fast paced and competitive role and we are looking for applications from existing Assistant Buyers.
Key responsibilities -
- Support the Buyer and contribute to decisions on the product range.
- When required, present garments to senior management and follow up on afterwards action points for the team/department.
- Looks further ahead than immediate problems to focus on ideas and solutions that may be of longer-term benefit to profitability.
- Delegates responsibility to BAA and develops their skills. Provides a wider more strategic understanding of the business, the customer and the department.
- Keep team informed and up to date on key issues.
- Works closely with Assistant Merchandiser to review department performance and develop areas for improvement.
- Builds effective working relationships both internally (Design, Technical Services, HO based retail function) and externally (Suppliers).
- Anticipates and resolves problems with deliveries continuing to build stable long term relationships with suppliers.
Desired Skills & Experience -
- Experience within a retail / manufacturer environment
- Be commercially aware with a solid understanding of the high street
- Conversant with fabric testing as well as fitting and sealing
- Can demonstrate initiative, problem solving and negotiation skills and have ability to build and develop effective relationships
- Capability to work in a fast paced, high pressured environment
- Have excellent communication skills and the ability to converse with a variety of people
Our Rewards & Benefits Package -
Access to our Pension Scheme.
Staff Discount – 25%+ in Arcadia (some exclusions apply).
Interest free Season Ticket Loan.
Holiday Trading – Buying/Selling.
Discretionary Bonus Scheme – Giving the opportunity to add to your salary and benefits.
We also offer a range of extra benefits including external discounts through our ‘uSave’ website. There are thousands of offers to choose from including High Street and online shopping deals as well as a number of spa breaks and holidays.
If you are looking for a new challenge and would like to find out more about this exciting role, please send us your CV today!
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
The Brand -
Topshop is a mecca for cool girls and the electric British style is known all over the world. Over 300 stores are currently operating in the UK and we also ship to over 100 other countries - the world really is our oyster! The Oxford Circus flagship - a fashion setter our customer cannot resist - spreads its love over the pond to flagships in Chicago and New York. We are on a mission to bring style to our customer wherever they are.
Topshop's directional pieces with luxurious finishes are products that any customer would fall seriously in love with. The international creative scene is captured in the mix as the globe is scoured for the very best up-and-coming design talent. Not only this, but pieces are brought to our customer inspired by the catwalk and produced to fit perfectly into their wardrobe - think collaborations with Christopher Kane, Kate Moss, Celia Birtwell, Marios Schwab and David Koma. Here, there is a fresh take on making new season pieces work.
So... Are you inspired and driven by style setting in a fast-paced environment to produce the star of our customer's wardrobe? At Topshop you will absolutely love everything fashion and gain the opportunity to show off your amazing talent and passion to inspire our customer.
Apply for Assistant Buyer- Topshop
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly