Product Developer / Designer - Mens, Womens Or Kidswear
This is an excellent opportunity for a Product Developer to work with one of the biggest retailers on the UK High Street. You MUST have previous experience in a similar role and MUST have experience dealing with the UK high street. I am also looking for someone who is stationed already in Bangalore, and is familiar with the local markets and lifestyle. This would suit a Indian National looking to join a well-established business who can offer a great career.
- Designing, hand sketching and CAD, producing styles and tech packs for the suppliers when needed.
- Work closely with the suppliers to develop product exactly as the Buyer's requirements
- Understanding Tech Packs and Sketches revived from the UK Design Teams and helping to translate to the suppliers, ensuring you gain the suppliers full understanding.
- Understand garment construction and advise cost saving methods and processes
- Manage the fabric library, swatches and sample lengths and ensure they reach the right supplier/ buyer at the right time
- Manage the critical path and update all parties regularly
- Source new fabrics, styles, techniques and trims from local markets and trade show reports
- Keep up to date with market intelligence within the UK Market, reporting from newness online, present 'Whats Hot' to the local teams
- Check samples before submission to buyers, making sure they are accurate for design and fit
- Based in Bangalore
- Experience with the UK Market is Essential
- Experience in babywear and Kidswear is desirable but will consider Menswear/Womenswear.
- Experience within a similar Product Development, Merchandising or Design role
- You must be able to draw (Hand & CAD) ** Please submit examples of this**
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent English Language skills are essential
- You will be able to work as part of an international team, sharing ideas and information easily.
Please study the above job spec and ensure you are confident on all areas before you apply.
Please provide artwork to demonstrate your ability to sketch (CAD & Hand)
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.