Junior Digital Designer - Burton
Junior Digital Designer – Burton
A BIT ABOUT BURTON
Burton – ‘A man thinking brand’. Established in 1903 by Montague Burton, Burton Menswear London is a staple on the British High Street. Burton’s aim is to be the most inspiring, best value fashion brand for their customer.
Responsible for the look and feel of the Burton website, ensuring style consistency and accuracy, whilst working with the Lead Designer & Designer to successfully communicate the Brand Image and provide an easy and exciting shopping experience.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Support the Designer to maintain the look and feel of the website to ensure consistency, accuracy and cohesion throughout the whole site and on our international currency sites, including the following:
- Homepages, working with templates to produce a fresh look, selecting fonts etc.
- Product offers
- Affiliate banners - static and animated
- Promotional graphics, including the design, production and implementation
- Category headers
- Assist in design of the weekly newsletters and other in-house emails.
- Support the Digital Designers to develop the house style and site aesthetic, moving it forward to remain current and in line with competition.
- Input into new creative features for burton.co.uk.
- Translate offline marketing events and campaigns e.g. look events, card holder events, to burton.co.uk and ensure that messages are consistent with in-store activity.
- Develop a good working understanding of the in-house Content Management System (CMS) for daily use e.g. uploading homepage images.
- Build strong working relationships with the Creative Design team to translate in-store graphics and designs onto burton.co.uk.
- Previous web design experience is essential
- A good understanding of marketing and commercial design.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate across all levels, building strong working relationships.
- Ability to perform under pressure and operate in a fast paced environment, maintaining the ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent prioritisation and organisational skills and the ability to flex when required.
- Motivated, committed and driven and a desire to learn from others.
- Strong team player and ability to work well independently.
- Good understanding of Word and Excel.
- An interest in the fashion industry with a good knowledge of the High Street
- Proficient in Photoshop
THE EXCITING PART (benefits may change between grades)
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- A special treat when you join us!
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted