Freelance Sample Machinist
We are currently recruting for both a Freelance Sample Machinist and a Sample Machinist position in which you will be responsible for creating toiles and samples working with a wide range of soft woven fabrics interacting closely with the designers and creative pattern cutters. The role will suit an accomplished sample machinist experienced in working with dresses, soft jackets, tops, skirts, blouses, playsuits and jumpsuits for the young fashion market including Topshop, ASOS, River Island, etc. Potential also exists for the role to become full time in the future.
- Sewing initial toiles, development and production samples.
- Work closely with the Designers, Pattern Cutters and Technical team to produce accurate samples.
- Ensure samples are ready on time and in line with the critical path.
- Resolve issues with the makeup of garments, taking into consideration bulk production.
- Follow specification and garment instructions clearly.
- Proactively identify, discuss and resolve any issues or potential problems.
- Freelance Sample Machinist with a broad knowledge of finishes and machinery including Lockstitch, Cover stitch, Overlocker and flatlock.
- Experienced in garment construction for soft wovens including dresses, soft jackets, tops, blouses, skirts, playsuits and jumpsuits.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.