Supply Chain Co-ordinator
The Supply Chain Co-ordinator, based in the city of Bath, will be working with the Supply Chain Manager to ensure the right product gets to the right place at the righ time, managing 5,000 different products across the world, across 5 different global warehouses including Australia and the USA.
The business sells over 5,000 different products accessible across the world on their websites, and sources from over 250 different suppliers around the world. They ship over 500,000 individual products each month coordinated across five global warehouses. It will be the responsibility of the Supply Chain Co-ordinator to co-ordinate the movement of this stock ensuring that it moves quickly to where it needs to be.
It is a fast-paced working environment and the successful applicant must be passionate about retail, and strong stock management experience.
The key responsibilities of the Supply Chain Co-ordinator will involve:
- The management and coordination of stock and freight from all of our Far East Suppliers
- The movement of own brand lines inclusive of Trade lines across the business working with the Stock Management team to ensure stock is in the correct warehouse to meet sales
- Overseeing the global transfer of stock between warehouses UK to USA, UK to Brisbane liaising with the Warehouse team and Stock Management to ensure deadlines are met
- Liaising with the Stock Management team to ensure that product split's are ready in advance of PO's moving
- Negotiating with freight agents for quotes for the movement of freight
- Actioning the most efficient and cost effective way to move stock to meet deadline
- Liaising daily with freight agents ensuring the smooth movement of the freight
- Co-ordinating pick ups between global suppliers and freight forwarders
- Communicating stock movement to the Stock Management Team notifying them of any issues or delays with stock
- Maintaining an up to date shipment schedule for the Far East suppliers ensuring stock due dates are accurate
- Booking shipment deliveries in with our global warehouses in advance, for the appropriate time and date
- Working with suppliers, buyers and warehouse ensuring compliance of logistics procedures
- Ensuring that freight invoices are processed and passed for payment in a timely manner as per agreed terms
- Working with the US and Australian warehouses ensuring the smooth movement and accurate record of stock with an emphasis on own brand product lines
- Supporting the Freight & Supply Chain Manager on a day to day basis
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key skills and experience:
- Experience within a logistics, freight or supply chain within their role
- Organisational skills including the proven ability to work within tight deadlines
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Ability to work flexibly and as part of a team, using your own initiative
- Professional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to build relationships and rapport over the telephone quickly
- Excellent IT skills including experience using database systems
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, pension scheme, health care, and free gym membership, as well as staff discount.