Creative Pattern Cutter
This exciting and varied role for a Manual Creative Pattern Cutter will focus on producing accurate first patterns demonstrating a flair for womens young fashion woven soft separates, (dresses, tops, blouses, skirts, playsuits, jumpsuits), for brands including ASOS, River Island, Warehouse and DP. The ability to work in a fast paced environment creating a wide variety of new styles every week is essential collaborating closely with the designer and sample machinist on first patterns and prototypes.
- Liaise with the designer on first patterns and prototypes providing creative input as required to ensure patterns works perfectly.
- Creating first patterns for a wide variety of new styles.
- Liaise with the Sample Machinist on prototype development.
- Assess suitability of garment design for selected cloth and create patterns taking any restrictions from this assessment into consideration.
- Put toiles into work where required, to ensure patterns will produce samples to correct spec from an aesthetic and technical point of view.
- Complete technical paperwork to accompany patterns.
- Complete fit log/size chart with pattern measurements.
- Attend fit meetings as required.
- Manual Creative Pattern Cutter with at least 4 years experience in womens woven soft separates and dresses for the UK high street.
- Excellent understanding of fit and construction from a customer and factory capability perspective.
- Speed and accuracy able to interpret designers sketches for the young fashion market.
- A commercial and current eye for young fashion.
- Flexible, reliable and accustomed to working to tight deadlines.
- Proactive team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Passionate, enthusiastic and confident.