Technical Innovation Manager
4 days left
- Job Type
I am working with an established sportswear business in the Yorkshire area who are recruiting for a Technical Innovation Manager to join their growing team.
My client is a specialist sportswear business based in the Yorkshire area and is a custodian of some of the most established brands within the industry. Their high performance category is a real growth area at the moment which has lead to the creation of this new role of Technical Innovation Manager.
I am working with a sportswear business in the Yorkshire area who are recruiting for a Technical Innovation Manager to;
- be responsible for the development and sourcing of innovation products as determined by the Product Director with an initial focus on performance accessories and apparel
- manage the product development cycle, develop detailed technical requirements and complete functional specifications -ensuring products are developed, tested and deployed to relevant legislative test specifications
- work closely with design teams during design and implementation phase.
- source product, liaise with suppliers and negotiate price in line with the commercial brief
- stay on the pulse of innovation, building an external network with technology developers, professional bodies and academia
- develop an innovation road map and prove technical leadership to ensure that the company remains ahead of the market, valuable to its consumers and commercially successful
- travel to factories/partners. Flexibility and willingness to travel is a critical part of the job requirement
I am working with a sportswear business in the Yorkshire area who are recruiting for a Technical Innovation Manager who has;
- proven experience in a similar role essential in a product development environment
- proven Asia sourcing experience
- proven experience of risk analysis and risk management previous experience of working with safety products preferable but not essential
- proven experience of writing functional specifications and good knowledge of safety legislation and testing requirements
- demonstrable problem solving ability