Looking for a senior buyer - North West England to hit the ground running. Ideally with experience in the FMCG/Grey market but all buying background considered.
One of the leading high street retailers, with a fantastic growth plan for the future.
- Produce regular Buying Plans and provide summary analysis for purchase decisions to senior management.
- Manage full stock purchase programmes with suppliers and ensure all customer stock requirements are fulfilled.
- On a weekly basis analyse sales and stock requirements and monitor stock forecasts with suppliers
- Regularly meet with sales team to capture ongoing purchasing requirements.
- Create and manage systems that allow stock control and customer fulfilment.
- Monitor and produce monthly forecasts by product line after understanding sell thru' and stock holding. Produce weekly and monthly reports on forward buys and the impact on sales and stockholding to senior management.
- Ensure product margins and gross profits are met and report on progress on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Ensure all sales plans are reviewed regularly and report purchase issues that impact sales revenues and margins.
- Take charge of the full buying process to ensure purchase transactions made by the buying team comply to company policy.
- Work closely with brand owners to explore new opportunities and establish timely purchase forecasts to meet revenue targets.
- Work with 'Category Managers' to review customer sales, stock, etc. through their "trackers" to ensure in stock level meets their KPI requirements
- Regularly review retail prices in customer stores to monitor price differentiation amongst retailers and impacts on our purchase costs and ongoing ranges and investment in stock
- Monitor inventory KPIs regularly to ensure stock turn meets company targets through introduction of stock segmentation and categorisation.
- Manage the large supply base to ensure market intelligence is disseminated internal and drives supplier relationships and purchases.
- Senior Buyer - North West England
* Must have at least 2 years experience in a buying management related role and has at least 3 years experience as a buyer.
* Good excel experience essential and the ability to understand key performance indicator (KPIs).
* European languages an advantage, Italian, Spanish, French and German.
* Degree qualified and numerate.
* Stock analysis and stock forecasting experience.
* Excellent negotiation skills with suppliers at different levels.
Flexible salary and benefits.
Senior Buyer - North West England