Senior Merchandiser- Evans
1 day left
- Job Type
A BIT ABOUT EVANS
Evans is the leading fashion brand flying the flag for real, feminine figures everywhere. We have a truly dedicated following in the UK and Ireland, with approximately 200 stores nationwide and a growing global operation across Europe, the Far East and the Middle East as part of the Arcadia Group. Wherever they are, our customers can also access our full range of fabulous fashion on our award winning website at Evans.co.uk. To keep delighting our customers, we are constantly striving to exceed their expectations; through our head-turning fashion, second to none service and proportion perfect fit.
Over the years we have collaborated with fashion icons such as Beth Ditto from the Gossip and high end designers such as Ann Louise Roswald and more recently Clements Ribeiro and Alex Monroe. All this hard work has been rewarded with fantastic recognition from both the public and the fashion industry for many years, having been voted the Best 16+ Retailer in the Prima High Street Fashion Awards every year since 2000 and the Best Plus-Size Collection in the Company High Street Fashion Awards for 2 years running. We attribute our success to an in-depth knowledge about what our customers are looking for, many years of experience, and most importantly our passion for fashion, whatever the size!
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Evans team as a Merchandiser/ Senior Merchandiser. We are keen to receive applications from existing, experienced Merchandisers and Senior Merchandisers looking for a new challenge. As a Merchandiser at EVANS you will be responsible for overseeing one of our Merchandising teams. Working closely with the Buyer, you will be responsible for trading the current range to maximise profit and minimise markdown, through sales forecasting, reviewing and balancing stock and developing strategic promotions.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
• Responsible for planning future ranges, considering past, present and future trends
• Regular analysis of department performance to maximise commercial opportunities in order to identify key learns to optimise profit on the next season range.
• Formulating range strategy and building commercially viable ranges in collaboration with Buying and Design team.
• Leading the team, ensuring there is a balanced and correctly phased range at all times, offering cutting edge style without alienating the mass consumer.
• Managing department WSSI’s. Reacting to performance, managing risk and potentialising bestsellers.
• Setting budgets, forecasting and management of OTB for all areas
• Developing and building strong relationships in the brand
• Managing and developing a high performing team
• Currently working at Merchandiser or Senior Merchandiser level for a fast paced fashion retailer.
• Excellent commercial awareness and a proven ability to drive profit.
• Commercially astute and confident decision maker with the ability to communicate across all levels.
• In depth experience in range planning.
• Established track record of managing the supply chain.
• Product focused with a strong interest and passion for the fashion industry.
• Proven experience of managing and developing a team.
• Highly numerate, analytical and have a high attention to detail.
THE EXCITING PART
• Generous holiday with holiday trading
• 25% staff discount
• Early finish summer hours
• A special treat when you join us!
• Access to sample sales
• Regular team and company social events
• Pension scheme
• Company bonus scheme
• Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
Apply for Senior Merchandiser- Evans
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly