Our Merchandising team ensure all of our products, whether branded or own branded are in the right place at the right time-whether in store or online. They use a high level strategic thinking in order to build the range with our Buying team.
They contribute insights that allow us to make reactive and long range decisions and planning that is crucial to the success of our business.
Our product merchandising team sits within each of our fascia’s (JD, size? etc.) and is split into categories and gender. They review sales on a daily basis, looking at how our product is doing and then making commercial decisions to manage the flow of stock around our business. They also work in conjunction with the Buying team to plan our ranges by providing the story behind the sales numbers from previous seasons. Our merchandising team is passionate about our product and understands why this is critical for success.
Reporting to : Merchandiser
Operating Ratio : 80/20 Current / Future
Key Objective : To support the team by taking responsibility for ensuring all product is in the right stores to enable achieving departmental sales, markdown, stock, intake and profit plans.
Primarily ‘Store’ focused but working with the product file. Substitute for the Merchandiser in their absence
Key Responsibilities Planning
- Provide the Merchandiser and Buyer with the previous season analysis at store and product level
- Input into creation of the store strategy with the Merchandiser/Buyer
- Assist in formulation of range plan at store level with the Merchandiser/Buyer
- Work with the Merchandiser to ensure pre-scheduling meets options and range plan at store level
- Create ratios for all buys.
- Prepare weekly review of stores and product in preparation for Monday trading meeting
- Identify priority stores for the week, review and propose actions.
- New / Re-fit Stores - Analysis of performance
- Over / Under Performing Stores
- Over / Under Optioned Stores
- Priority stores fed to team by management team or other function
- Complete Retail Feedback sheets, completing required actions as well as any follow up.
- Attend store visits from which create and execute an action plan to improve trade
- Manage line cards in conjunction with the Merchandiser
- Participate in the Monthly Re-forecast
- Manage condensing of stocks and IBT’s
- Taking direction from the Merchandiser, assist retail with merchandising aids
- Manage and monitor exception stocks on a daily basis, primarily through the GUI system
- Ensure stores are seasonally correct
- Plan and action new store ranges (in conjunction with pre-schedule)
- Carry out any ad-hoc analysis as required
- Consolidate the supplier order books
- Book in new product with guidelines from the Merchandiser
- Cost, retail and margin checks
- Reporting to the Merchandiser
- Working with the Merchandise Team
- Working with the Buyer
- Seeking guidance on ‘Best Practice’ merchandising from the Trading Manager and implementing
- Develop relationships as appropriate with Store Operations, Visuals, Marketing DC, etc
Key Deliverables – Year 1
- Attend all systems courses
- Strive to have an awareness and understanding of planning processes.
- Be the voice of ‘Stores’ on the department
- Develop more effective branch merchandising through a greater analytical understanding
- Experience within a similar role is essential
- Experience within a sports/fashion retailer is advantageous
- Numerate and Commercial
What we will offer you:
- Attractive Salary and Benefits Package
- Development linked to your role with the business
- An opportunity to work across multi-brands both UK and Internationally