Head of Design
Our client is a leading European manufacturer and supplier of protective workwear, high visibility and rainwear apparel. Due to growth they have established a new Design Centre in Manchester and are looking for a Head of Design to lead the team of Product Managers and Designers.
Head of Design - The Role:
- Work with and lead a team to design and develop innovative products in workwear
- Have direct involvement with the development of products from design through to bulk production
- Oversee the consistency of brand application and development on all clothing range in the company portfolio
- Keep current on market trends.
- Be aware of the competition and ensure the company is leading the way in innovative product design and development.
- Be open to travel
Head of Design - The Candidate:
- Degree in Clothing Design or Garment Technology
- 5+ years of work experience in the workwear or functional sportswear industries
- A strong commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills both visually and verbally.
- Ability to create clear sketches that clearly show design intent and product development.
- Ability to creating product specifications and factory tech packs
- Ability to work closely with a remote team but also work autonomously.
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines.
- This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing global brand
Head of Design - The Package:
- Highly competitive depending on experience
Please note that due to the anticipated interest in these roles only short listed candidates will be contacted