This is a fantastic first job opportunity for a Design graduate who is looking to pursue their career in a Head Office function for a major High Street Supplier based in a vibrant part of London.
Under the guidance of the Head of Design, you will be assisting in the design and development of commercially viable products that fall in line with market and trend requirements, brand values and target margins.
Ideally you will have knowledge of garment construction and an understanding of the manufacturing process within wovens and jersey, and be very keen to learn.
Assistant Designer- The Role
- Design aesthetically pleasing products.
- Demonstrate knowledge of trends, collating and presenting information through trend presentations and mood boards.
- Design and Develop technically viable products that fall in line with Customer and Margin requirements.
- Work cohesively with the Pattern Cutters to build on understanding of garment construction
- Attend UK based store visits to build an understanding of the product, and to create shop reports with new idea for customers.
Assistant Designer- The Candidate
- Graduate calibre. Ideally holding 6 months- 1 year's work experience in the fashion & textiles industry.
- Must hold a can-do attitude
- Creative and innovative with commercial awareness, who holds the ability to differentiate designs between branded and high street.
- Has a Fashion Design degree qualification.
- Has knowledge of pattern making and garment construction.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Team player.
Assistant Designer- The Company
My client is a Design led business who design and create for a wide range of leading High Street retailers. They pride themselves on interpretation of trends and the swift progression from intial design through to final delivery.
They are looking for a hardworking and willing Graduate to join their friendly business. This is a great first role opportunity that does not want to be missed. Please send your CV and Portfolio to email@example.com.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.