Product Range Manager
About Our Client
About the business
Start-rite history dates back to 1772 with the birth of the modern shoe-making industry in Norwich, where Start-rite head office is still based today. Start-rite footwear is made from high quality materials that are durable and stylish, and available in whole half sizes and multi-width fittings, which supports the growth and health of children's feet. Today Start-rite sells shoes to a network of over 400 independent and multiple retailers globally.
About the team
Following the appointment of a new Chief Executive Ian Watson, an exciting three-year strategic plan has been implemented to elevate and innovate the business. They are focused on investing in the product range, and refocusing the brand, and you could be part of it.
About the Role
- Develop seasonal product range plans, approved by the Product Director
- Research the market for product offer and price referring to trend reports, market statistics and comparative shopping
- Visits key retailers and analyse feedback for continuous improvement of the range
- Review sales of current ranges by style, colour and fit
- Seasonally forecast new ranges and present to directors the anticipated ROI on new unit and lasts
- Brief products to the design and technical teams and co-ordinating the development of prototypes within the set timetable
- Launch new product ranges with marketing support.
- Jointly approve with technical and quality departments a 'confirmation sample' and specification prior to production.
- Communicate to the sales force and key retailers the new ranges, supported by research data.
- In conjunction with the resourcing/technical team, ensure profit margins are on target.
- Contribute to the resourcing strategy and visit suppliers Enter product detail into the product development software from Briefing stage.
- Participate in the 'Innovation Funnel' process in order to drive sales though the introduction of unique products.
The Successful Applicant
- Our ideal candidate will be a highly organised and numerate self-starter with a strong consumer goods branded background. An excellent communicator and influencer who is looking for a new challenge where results will be rewarded. As a Product Range Manager you will have the following:
- Experience in product/category/buying/merchandising management in retail, distribution or B2B environment.
- Will have proven experience of managing budgets, and adherence to budgetary processes.
- Experience in developing and driving integrated growth programs across product categories.
- The ability to understand the bigger picture and issues that impact on market and sales performance is essential.
- Experience in developing and executing on product mix, positioning and pricing strategies based not only on historical data, but also on industry trends (new technologies, emerging vendors) and customer insight.
- Strategic thinker: Ability to establish long term growth program for product category.
- Custom-Oriented: Passionate about understanding customer needs and implementing it in product/category management.
- Problem Solver: A creative yet pragmatic problem solver.
- Ethics: Highest level of professional integrity and honesty as well as personal credibility.
- Strong team player who is driven to succeed and draws inspiration from working collaboratively with others.
- Strong influencing and facilitation skills.
We are looking for a commercial, analytical product manager to strengthen the product team at Start-rite and help shape the future of shoe innovation. Are you ambitious and driven? Full of fresh and creative ideas? Then this is a great opportunity to join a vibrant and forward-thinking team to help write the next chapters and build on the success of this historic brand.