5 days left
- Experienced Non-Manager
DRIVING THE BUSINESS
- Work with Merchandising team to deliver in-depth range plans for the season, and deliver this to Design in an appropriate and effective way.
- Support B&M/Design team on a day to day basis.
- To work with the Design team from design inception through to delivery to customer and ensure a consistent brand identity that is commercial, relevant, on trend and aspirational range is delivered.
- Challenge the Design and Merchandising teams in order to drive new and interesting product that is brand appropriate.
- Contribute, prepare and support presenting in buy presentations and range reviews with Design and the Merchandising department.
- Drives product development and commerciality through involvement in fit sessions, choice of fabrication and colour.
- Constantly review Womenswear market and external competitors, through regular comp shops and research, to ensure the collection that is delivered to market is appropriate.
- Extensive research for new trends, colours and shapes appropriate to the brand, and feed into the design process for new season collections.
- Review pricing architecture with Merchandising team to ensure the brand is competitive and relevant to our customer.
- Gather constructive feedback from stores, VM and Retail and communicate effectivley to the relevant departments.
- Oversee OE planning, ensuring we are using liability where appropriate. Manage approval and fits process to deliver the Outlet Range within critical path.
- To work closely with VM and e-commerce to ensure the design process and aesthetics are represented through product placement and advertorial.
- Supports the B&M Manager and Head of Design with any relevant tasks.
- Seeks & understands the brand; its values and vision. Aware of strategies for the department/brand and ensures these are continually delivered.
- Has an awareness of the financial targets and understands how they are to be delivered (building blocks).
- Shows continual awareness of the global customer profile and reflects this in all activities and decisions.
- Contributes commercial ideas and views, adding value to decisions made by the team.
- Works with Design, Merchandising and Production to assess the size of trend, using past history and judgement to scope potential.
- Uses knowledge of the store space and different retail channels to ensure coordinated product is delivered to every area of the business - working with Branch Merchandising and the multi-channel teams to realise potential.
- Understands and enthuses about the product, relating this to current trends and the Brand values.
- Understands how the Brand is positioned in the market both in the UK and Internationally.
- Visits stores regularly, completing comp shops and monitors key activities and changes made by competitors - proposes actions.
- Analyses and interprets information quickly and accurately, to ensure we use information from different sources to make effective decisions.
- Shows the ability to take difficult and business critical decisions confidently and accurately and with the best interest of the business in mind.
- Considers a range of options before forming views, actively seeking opinions from others to improve their own ideas.
- Finds logical and commercial solutions to problems, contributing to team problem solving.
- Takes initiative to resolve issues within their control.
- Takes full responsibility for their own actions and those of their direct reports and follows them through to completion.
- Always considers the brand in every decision.
- Reviews past decisions in light of new information.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- A balance of creativity and commercial acumen.
- A team player focused on delivering results, and a self-starter with the ability to set stretching goals.
- Be able to demonstrate a connection with and have a fine understanding of the brand's vision and identity.
- Effective influencing skills and the ability to work with all kinds of people, as well as ability to listen and work in a flexible manner.
- Maintains calm and rational under pressure, understands the impact communication has on others in the team and maintains these standards during challenging situations.
- Persuasive, energetic, enthusiastic and not afraid of hard work.
- Demonstrates initiative, self-motivation and ownership. Consistently showing a reliable, mature &confident attitude.
- Raises the profile of the Buying team within the business, representing the department in meetings and always presenting the department in a positive and professional manner.
- Leads by example and is a strong role model for the team.
- Motivates the team through a positive and supportive management style.
- Manages workload for the team and yourself, organising, planning and delegating to ensure objectives are achieved.
- Proactively sets goals & manages multiple priorities, keeping management informed.
- Regularly seeks feedback from manager and reacts positively, acting on this feedback to improve performance.
- Willingly takes on the responsibilities of manager/colleagues when they are absent.
- Have a strong fashion eye and passion for product.
- Able to show commercial aptitude.
- Understanding of the Reiss brand.
- At least 3 years' experience in a fast paced buying role.
- Ideal for a Junior Buyer seeking that next step up or current Buyer wanting that new challenge.
- Batchelor's degree in Fashion Design/Fashion Business preferential.
Apply for Womenswear Buyer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly