2 days left
As Denim Designer you will be responsible for the range planning and design of multi-product denim collections for two brands injecting a feminine handwriting. Both brands have monthly deliveries to worldwide stores so the pace is fast! 50% of the position involves new developments requiring strong technical knowledge of all denim finishes, weights, washes and constructions.
The successful Denim Designer will be proficient in Adobe Illustrator with a minimum of 5 years’ experience designing women’s denim for a fast fashion retailer working closely with buyers in a structured environment. Excellent knowledge of denim finishes, weights, washes and construction is essential along with a feminine handwriting and fluent English.
- Identify suitable trends in denim; silhouettes, construction, finishes, weights and washes.
- Translate inspiration from the seasonal trend presentation into monthly trend boards across silhouette, fabric, colour palettes, etc., in line with the Merchant/ Marketing brief.
- Review customer analysis and bestselling styles with team gauging how far to renew the product from season to season. Always probe for newness but protect the winners.
- Liaising with the PM, analyse the Customer environment and insights through regular Store visits and observations of the Customer's behaviour, preferences and needs, etc.
- Anticipate and act upon current and future customer needs.
- Proactively drive market intelligence through research and analysis based on fashion magazines, TV shows, Catwalks, trade fairs and social media channels.
- Bring the merchant Line Plan to life by leading the design and development of desirable product that inspires the customer.
- Liaise with Merchandise Planning, Allocation and Sourcing on Line Planning in cross-functional team meetings.
- Provide input at the Pre-Seasonal Fabric Meeting supporting the PM in building the collection structure.
- Execute the design and development process from sketch to product pack creation and final sample, partnering with Merchants/Buyers, Technical Designers and Sourcing to ensure product packs and sample approval are completed in a timely manner.
- Participate and contribute to bi-annual development trips.
- Provide input with sketches or samples to support sign-off by PM/ Buyer/Merchant.
- Support in preparation for the Commercial Collection Sign-Off by providing contract samples.
- Ensure that all products meet expectations in Style, Fit, Craftsmanship and Sustainability.
- Ensure styles are cohesive, appropriate, feminine and free of exaggerations.
- Protect and grow the brand handwriting in terms of style and quality.
- Denim Designer with at least 5 years’ experience working for a women’s fast fashion retailer working closely with buyers.
- Fluent in both English and Adobe Illustrator.
- Expertise in all denim finishes, weights, washes and constructions.
- A commercial and creative individual who thrives in a positive corporate environment.
- Keen commercial eye with the ability to identify the market relevant trends.
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal, organization and written communication skills.
- Effective attention to detail and follow through in execution.
- A positive, outgoing, energetic and motivational personality.
Apply for Denim Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly