Our client specialises in the design and marketing of technical outdoor clothing and equipment. They have an exciting opportunity for a Materials Manager to join their dynamic technical team.
Materials Manager - The Role:
- Be the key contact and consultant for all material related questions
- Steer the material selection process in-line with strategic brand & design direction, and drive material consolidation to improve efficiency
- Monitor and manage all material developments (working together with Design and suppliers) and be responsible for initial material price negotiations with suppliers during the development stage
- Manage in-house and external testing, initiating wearer trials where necessary
- Manage the lab dip approval process
- Ensure fabric and trim databases are maintained
- Cooperate with the Buying Team to improve material efficiencies
- Drive innovation projects and ensure their successful technical implementation
- Be the key contact for all materials related sustainability subjects
- Manage and approve production shipment samples
- Manage fabric production issues
Materials Manager - The Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in textile technology/ engineering or comparable degree/education
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a fabric technical role
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes of yarns & fabrics, dyeing & finishing, mechanical & chemical treatments
- Knowledge of material types: knits, wovens & non-wovens
- Knowledge of performance fabric technologies: waterproof/breathable, moisture movement, insulations, etc
- Interest in outdoor sports and performance fabrics
Materials Manager - The Package:
- Dependant on experience.
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short listed candidates will be contacted.