Intimates Designer - Shapewear (Brand)
6 days left
- Job Type
To design and develop shapewear/solutions underwear and intimate apparel in line with the agreed product strategy and brand direction
Intimates Designer – Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the design and technical development for shapewear/solutions intimate apparel for the brand
- To design and develop technically viable and directional ranges for shapewear, bodysuits, shapers and solutions apparel for a globally recognised brand.
- Research and identify key trends & innovations for shape, colours, fabric qualities, and trims etc.
- Taking designs from research/conceptual stage through all phases of development to production handover
- Developing and sourcing materials which are fit for purpose and meet target cost requirements
- To ensure end product is fit for purpose, to develop patterns/grade and fit for your designs
- Travel to Trade shows & fayres, undertake comp shopping, inspiration trips to develop your knowledge of market trends and invaluable customer feedback in Europe & US
- Work with approved suppliers to support the brand requirements, source and develop new materials fit for purpose
- Demonstrate brand and market awareness, and be able to apply in line with market requirements
- Generate and update BOM’s using a PDM system to create garment costs
Intimates Designer – Shapewear – The Person Specification
- Previous intimate apparel, lingerie, shapewear or solutions design experience
- Confident garment construction, fit and make up knowledge
- Ideally confident pattern cutting skills and awareness of grading
- Previous fit experience is essential.
- Confident CAD skills
- Well organised, able to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Proven in delivering end product within agreed time scales
- Ability to travel within the UK and abroad
- Flexible and comfortable sharing ideas and working in a team
- Ability to use experience and knowledge to maximise commercial opportunities
- Applicants must hold a valid work permit
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply for Intimates Designer - Shapewear (Brand)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly