Assistant Sales Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone looking to progress their career in Account / Sales Management. Do you have a keen interest in menswear, and have some industry experience and ready to take a step on in your career?. This position would suit someone looking for their second industry position.
To work for an established multi-product menswear supplier to core high street retailers with own manufacturing resources. Due to expansion they are looking to recruit an ambitious and driven Junior Account Manager.
Assistant Sales Manager - The role
- Manage existing and new customer relationships, liaising with internal and external teams, suppliers and factories
- Management of the critical path process from design concept, development to delivery.
• Actioned any follow up from buying meetings
- Ensure information for all new styles are entered into the order book and monitor the style to enable the factory to go ahead and order all relevant trims and labelling
- Monitor weekly sales figures
- Liaise with Vendors regarding costs and initial manufacturing requirements
- Manage internal team to achieve critical path dates
- Working closely with the design and technical teams to ensure product commercially and viability.
- Responsible for achieving department Sales and Margin targets
- Raising purchase orders for factories, updating spreadsheets, monitoring and progress chasing costing and planning to deliver product within the required lead times and to the agreed price standard.
Assistant Sales Manager – The Candidate
- Graduate calibre. Ideally, 6months work+ experience in a similar role, in sales administration, account management support, or front facing merchandiser.
- An interest in working in menswear. Good knowledge of the garment manufacturing process
- A dynamic, ‘can do’ attitude, ready to seize an opportunity, take on responsibility and apply learning to be successful.
- Must have previous experience of supplying to the highstreet and working with offshore supply/manufacturing
- Proven effective communication skills both written and oral
- Good team player, proactive, methodical and organised with strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Strong numerical ability and experience of critical path management.
- Ability to work unsupervised in an accurate and timely manner with attention to detail and within critical deadlines
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.