Commercial Manager - Cleaning Supplies
Our client is the UK’s leading supplier of janitorial, cleaning, and hygiene products. They have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Commercial Manager to join their Head Office.
Commercial Manager - The Role:
- Manage and own opportunity to attract / retain business at the highest margin possible for the business whilst offering a competitive price point for the customer.
- Interact with key individuals within the business along with the supply chain to maximise the effectiveness & competitiveness of customer tender responses.
- Assist and suggest creative product and pricing strategy based on customer existing usage thus contributing to best Commercial offer for the business.
- Actively ensure best market pricing for winning / retaining business
- Supplier negotiation
- Collate all external and internal supports effectively in readiness for contract award
- Manage key tenders from start to finish including initial coding and understanding of customer needs
- Compile product / pricing strategy including a product alternative strategy
- Competitor review analysis based on product selection and pricing
- Maximise supplier supports across the business on both new and existing contracts
- Present to key individuals within the business on most effective strategy for winning / retaining business
- Support the business across it’s sales and branch structure
Commercial Manager - The Candidate:
- Degree level or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrates a desire in understanding product & pricing offer will be of interest to the customer.
- Uses this to compile a business strategy that helps attract new business, or retain business.
- Manages customer contractual requirements, requests and concerns quickly and efficiently.
- Strong analytical capability
- Good interpersonal skills and negotiation skills
- Able to work at pace
- Flexible to changing demands
- Takes ownership for actions and managing workload
Commercial Manager - The Package:
- Competitive salary
Due to the anticipated interest in this role only short-listed candidates will be contacted.