2 days left
- Job Type
This fast-growing business is recruiting for an experienced Merchandiser to join this well-established retailer in the idyllic city of Bath.
The retail business has a wide and varied product offer, available to customers globally. Growing rapidly they are seeking to expand their commercial product team further and create a team focused on the management of stock.
Based in the city of Bath, this well-established online retail business is looking to introduce a Merchandiser into its existing team, due to continued business growth and development.
With a global online presence, the business has expanded across the globe, catering to a large number of international markets, with its highly commercial and in-demand product offer.
The key responsibilities of the Merchandiser, working for this retailer based in Bath will involve:
- Manage the intake of stock globally in line with agreed stock level KPI's
- Plan and manage global stock availability for new and core products, in line with KPI's
- Identifying methods of replenishment which are the most cost effective, driving change and developing new processes and practices
- Develop detailed assortment plans to achieve sales revenue, units and profit targets identified and implement an agreed department strategy
- Create a range plan to maximise sales and profit, planning full price and promotional plans
- Analyse range performance, looking at potential range gaps and overbuys/discontinuation of styles
- Monitor performance against plan, taking appropriate action to meet the correct stockholding KPI targets
- Drive increase in margin through new sourcing strategies and methods to build profit
- Analyse and monitor suppliers delivery performance and, in conjunction with the Buyer, take appropriate actions
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers to ensure on time deliveries
- Create and manage the accuracy of all delivery systems/spreadsheets, recommending new processes and practices
- Manage the performance of your team, setting objectives and KPI's, giving regular feedback and addressing poor performance
- Provide training and development to staff, coaching staff in core merchandising skills
The successful candidate will need to possess the following key skills and experience:
- Experienced Merchandiser or a Senior Junior Merchandiser looking for a career step-up
- Must have a solid background in retail merchandising, including inventory planning, stock management, data analysis and forecasting
- Highly analytical with strong excel/spreadsheet knowledge
- Extremely adaptable and used to working in a fast paced environment
- Comfortable with a fast growing company
- Ability to identify best practise, recommend new processes and ideas
- Experience in motivating and managing a team
- Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve issues quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills including experience using database systems
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary, a wide remit and great opportunity to grow and progress, in addition, they will receive a competitive pension and annual bonus eligibility.