Head of Buying Women Apparel
5 days left
- Head of Department
Zalando’s success also tells the story of our exceptional team and our efforts. We are always happy to welcome new colleagues who join us in creating the world’s best online fashion experience.
Our Category Management Team is passionate about fashion and lifestyle. We want customers to find the perfect fashion and lifestyle products for them, from shoes and clothing and accessories. Category Management’s task is to put together an on-trend and profitable selection of products. We love discovering new brands and products for the Zalando shops, but finding the right trends is only one aspect, as we also need to keep track of our KPIs and processes. Constant exchange with other departments like logistics, content and photo production, the onsite team and marketing ensures that we act in line with the whole organisation. In the end, we are all working towards the same goal: to create an excellent experience for our customers at Zalando.
Women Apparel is one of our largest department whose success is based on many strategic brand partners and an awesome team. As Head of Women Apparel you’ll have to write the next chapter of this success story together with our Women Apparel team.
You'll be in charge of the coordination and development of your customer segment. You'll plan and manage the assortment strategy, and will be responsible for your team of buyers, planners, and assistants.
This is a full-time position starting as soon as possible in our office in the center of Berlin:
- You’ll develop the business unit Women Apparel in its entirety and will e.g. implement process optimizations in buying and inventory planning
- You’ll plan and manage buying for Women Apparel nationally and internationally and have the overall responsibility for the budget
- In order to optimize the assortment, you’ll conduct competition analyses and develop the strategic positioning
- Following this strategic positioning, you’ll select and acquire new brands and maintain the relationship with our current suppliers
- You’ll lead a team of buyers, product supply managers, assistants and team leaders - whole Women Apparel team consisting of approximately 50 colleagues
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU
- You have several years of relevant professional experience in a responsible buying role, including assortment planning and planning execution
- You are a people champion with considerable experience in leading and inspiring teams and in guiding them successfully through change processes
- You are familiar with retail companies and with in-season management
- Your amazing analytical skills mean you work efficiently and in a goal-oriented way and with a strong sense of business
- You remain solution-oriented and flexible in our fast-paced environment, embracing change and seeking new opportunities in our agile work culture
- Be it business partners or colleagues – you convince with your confident and collaborative attitude
- With a passion for Women Apparel you’ll win the hearts of our Women Apparel team
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Our recipe for success: think big and act fast. What you're doing today will affect millions of customers tomorrow. At Zalando, you have the chance to work on the world's best online fashion experience in a rapidly growing international company. What else? We do of course have a lot more to offer:
- Boredom doesn't get a look in here! Zalando is a working environment where something new happens every day
- An international team of experts to inspire and support you
- A corporate culture where your skills are judged only by your results – our motto: Every Day is a Casual Friday
- The security of an expanding company with 10,000 employees and a company pension scheme
- Colleagues who not only work well together, but also have lots of fun
- Coaching and training opportunities to bolster your potential and expand your career
WANT TO JOIN US?
Then we'd be more than happy to receive your online application!
Any further queries? Please do not hesitate to contact Vera via email.