Finance Manager - TOPMAN
5 days left
- Job Type
Due to internal promotion an exciting opportunity has arisen within the Topshop Topman Finance Team for a B&M Finance Manager – Topman, reporting to the Senior Finance Manager and managing one analyst
This is a key role – both within TSTM Finance and across the wider Topman team – with the successful applicant expected to quickly establish themselves as a key player in the Brand.
The position provides key financial support for a number of senior stakeholders including the Topman Brand Managing Director, TSTM Finance Director, TSTM Heads of Finance, Topman Merchandising Director and Topman Heads of Merchandising. It offers an excellent opportunity to develop commercial skills in a challenging, fast paced environment.
• Production of weekly trading reports for management, highlighting key sales and margin movements. Producing ad-hoc reporting to support decision making in the Brand and to bring focus on risk and opportunity areas.
• Managing the monthly accounts process, forecasting from sales to margin, modelling various scenarios to come up with a view that all key parties agree on across all business regions (UK Retail, USA Retail, ROW Retail and Digital). Currency reporting to understand all impacts (on sales, markup, markdown) and succinctly reporting to relevant parties.
• Ownership of the stock management process, liaising with key stakeholders (Brand merchandising teams, Wholesale, Franchise and Logistics) to assist with forecasting markdown and terminal stock positions.
• Setting the annual sales and margin Financial Plan, ensuring buy-in from relevant stakeholders at all stages.
• Responsible for brand Group Finance requirements including preparation of weekly, monthly and annual submits and any ad hoc requests.
• Key finance support in Brand projects such as Grooming and Own Buy Brands.
• Business partner for Topman senior management team. Providing financial support and co-ordinating regular reporting across 10+ merchandising teams & other Head Office functions.
• Deputising for the SFM when required.
• Management and development of Finance Analyst. Working as a team with Topshop B&M Finance and Digital Finance to contribute to the continuous development of working practices.
• Qualified CIMA / ACCA / ACA, with some experience of retail/commercial finance roles preferable
• Strong system skills in particular Microsoft Excel. Adept at learning new systems.
• Able to build strong relationships with senior members of the business quickly.
• Confident to challenge and influence senior management, particularly in working with strong characters and a large number of stakeholders
• Hard working, enthusiastic and resilient team player.
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.