Retail Finance Manager - USA & ROW - TOPSHOP/TOPMAN
Due to internal promotion an opportunity has arisen within the Topshop Topman Finance team for a Retail Finance Manager – USA & ROW reporting to the Retail Senior Finance Manager and managing one analyst.
Delivering fashion with authority across the globe is a key strategic goal for the brands. TS/TM have 26 sites across USA & ROW in major cities, such as New York, Los Angeles and Paris. The current plan is to increase space across USA and Germany, with a further 4 solus stores due to open during 16/17. The USA & ROW brand teams are imperative in understanding trade and promoting control in these fledging markets.
This role has full responsibility for the USA and ROW retail P&Ls, and is highly visible within the Retail leadership team. The role’s key contacts will be the Heads of Retail for USA and Europe and Area Managers in the Retail team.
Daily, Weekly and Ongoing:
• Direct the day-to-day support to the Retail teams ensuring ongoing improvement in the quality of information provided and relevance to management decision making
• Responsible for USA & ROW Retail weekly reporting, facilitating management review of the previous week’s performance
• Ensure a consistent approach to financial KPIs is adopted across the regions to encourage best practice
• Benchmarking analysis to drive out inconsistencies in operations, challenging the business as appropriate
• Develop a strong working relationship with the Heads of Retail and Area Managers, acting as the primary point of contact for them in the finance team
• Responsible for the Retail P&L, from sales down to controllable contribution, with particular focus on the cost base, especially payroll, ensuring all controllable costs are appropriately managed
• Identify all risks and opportunities within the retail P&L, plus be solution orientated in assisting the retail teams in protecting profit
• Complete monthly retail reporting packs for each territory for use in reviews with the Retail Director
• Complete the payroll forecast and challenge appropriately with the Heads of Retail and Area Managers
• Working closing with the Capital and Planning Finance Manager on the half yearly store planning process, encompassing the full retail branch P&L from sales to branch contribution
• Liaise with Area Managers to agree payroll and store cost targets
• Responsible for “reworked” retail plans, correctly reflecting the impact of capital investment on store performance expectations
• Owning the USA and ROW retail elements of the annual financial plan process
• Ad hoc projects supporting the Retail field teams, senior finance team and HR team as and when necessary e.g. bonus schemes, staff uniform policy and pay rate analysis
• Co-ordinate multi-channel reporting by market, where required for ad hoc meetings with senior management or submissions to LGP
• This role offers the opportunity to re-evaluate all current processes
• Deputising for the senior finance manager when appropriate
• Management and development of one finance analyst
• Qualified CIMA / ACCA / ACA, with some experience of retail and/or central finance roles preferable
• A resilient self-starter, comfortable with changing deadlines and the need to re-appraise priorities
• A strong communicator and excellent relationship builder, able to articulate their point clearly and concisely with both finance and non- finance functions, and comfortable with challenging others. This role will involve liaising with our overseas teams, thus the individual will need to appreciate different cultures, utilising all communication methods to develop relationships
• Must have the desire to initiate and drive through change and continuous improvement within both the immediate and wider TSTM finance team. Ability to create and critique working practices, ensuring they are streamlined and efficient
• Pro-active and inquisitive, seeking out topical issues and developing relevant finance support
• Excellent Microsoft Excel and systems skills, and an understanding of multi-currency reporting
From bonus schemes to season ticket loans, that make your commute a little easier, we offer a range benefits here at head office. We make the most out of our staff discount across The Arcadia Group and a range of brands externally.
As well as this we have lots of exciting things that happen throughout the year, to say a big thanks for all the hard work our great teams put in.