Childrenswear Garment Technologist
If you are looking for a new opportunity to live and work overseas, but with the ability to be back in the UK quickly and with ease then Brussels could be the perfect place for you. My client is a successful International High Street Fashion Retailer and due to expansion in the technical team they are looking for an experienced Garment Technologist to work within the Childrenswear Department across multi product.
You can enjoy all the perks of working for a large, well established Retail business and experience an exciting, international lifestyle, based in their Brussels office, Belgium.
Childrenswear Garment Technologist - The Role:
- As a senior member of the technical team you will lead the technical process within childrenswear from concept to final sample approval.
- You help to build, develop and maintain technical brand manuals.
- You will report directly to the Garment Technologist Department Manager.
- You will work closely with the team in the Childrenswear Department, across all areas including design, planning, sourcing and merchandising, and share your technical expertise with colleagues.
- You will ensure that the product technical packs are detailed, clear and completed in a timely manner, working with Designers closely on this.
- Ensure that all products in your category are consistent with the design direction, range plans and budgets.
- You will have extensive knowledge of quality control/health and safety requirements related to children’s garments.
- You will ensure your technical are accurate and ensure continuity across all of the suppliers.
- You continuously strive for improvement in process and product specification.
Childrenswear Garment Technologist - The Candidate:
- You have a Technical Fashion Degree
- You have expert knowledge of Childrenswear and a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a highly technical childrenswear position and a solid understanding of Childrenswear H&S requirements.
- You will have excellent knowledge of product development, fit and manufacturing standards, as well as garment and pattern construction.
- You will have worked across childrenswear multi product, for boys and girlswear.
- You have excellent English language skills, especially in manufacturing and technical terms in relation to fit and garment construction.
- You have good interpersonal and influencing skills.
- You will have strong problem solving and critical thinking skill.
- You will have advanced knowledge if MS Office & Adobe Illustrator.
- You are flexible, open minded and able to adjust to change.
- You are willing to relocate to Belgium
- Excellent working conditions in a fast-moving fashion environment
- An attractive salary and benefits package which is negotiable and based upon experience
- Relocation assistance will be provided.
- Various Insurances
- Pension Scheme
- You will have the chance to work with one of the biggest clothing retailers in Europe
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.