Experienced Jersey Womenswear Designer
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a successful manufacturer of jersey womenswear fashion, supplying several of the biggest retailers on the highstreet including M&S, River Island and Next. This very successful and growing supplier has an immediate opportunity for an experienced Jersey Womenswear Designer, to work on the development of trend led ranges for one of their most exciting clients.
Please note a portfolio is required upon application and can be emailed separately to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send examples of mood boards, CADs and photos of finished product where possible.
Womenswear Designer – The Role:
- Working closely with the customer to design product that suits their needs, by working with our product, fabric and graphic teams.
- Conducting extensive shopping trips and competitor research.
- Being sent high volumes of (jersey) fabric hangers daily from factory, and having the ability to utilise these, without being overwhelmed.
- Developing trend led and comprehensive ranges of product that are right for the customer and price point.
- Being aware of sample hit rate and managing the number of samples being processed and the time scale given to these.
- Show presentation and selling skills, back up ideas shown with good market information to give the customer confidence in what we are showing them is right
- Work with the graphic design team to develop the correct print handwriting for the customer; ensure guidance is given on previous best sellers so we make sure move-ons are covered as well as the fashion element of prints.
- Develop good working relationships with category buyers and category personnel, across all levels, in order to meet the customers’ needs as well as the operational and commercial requirements of our business.
- To proactively identify/develop new opportunities with existing customer.
Womenswear Designer – The Candidate:
- Experienced in womenswear design, on jerseywear, and a strong knowledge of the UK marketplace
- Minimum of 6+ year’s industry experience.
- Competent in hand drawing and with strong CAD skills.
- Strong garment construction knowledge.
- Candidates will ideally have experience of working with European manufacturing and be adept at working in a fast paced environment with short lead times.
- Experience of working with high volume of fabric options, ideally with a vertical supply business.
- Looking for an enthusiastic, confident, and creative individual.
- Have strong knowledge of the technical elements of design and be able to work closely with factories.
- You must also be an effective communicator & team player to step into this challenging role and be confident at building good internal and external relationships. You will also need to have the ability to present trends and directions clearly and passionately
- Travel regularly to factory in Europe to work with the teams over there and build relationships and greater understandings
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.