A leading supplier of women’s and childrenswear to the major UK high street retailers is looking for an experienced Garment Technologist. They need a dynamic individual to join this fun, creative team and assist with developing children’s and babywear collections. Must be knowledgeable on childrenswear health and safety regulations.
Garment Technologist - The Role
- Working closely with designers to fit, seal and manage the overall quality for childrens and babywear.
- Working closely with Sales Manager and technicians to develop commercially viable samples and garments.
- Attend fit meetings, generating specifications, sending out tech packs, detailed comments to suppliers and manufacturers.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers & factories to aid technical knowledge, improve product, resolve technical issues etc.
- Responsible for updating critical path deadlines and attending meetings.
Garment Technologist - The Candidate
- Looking for an experienced garment technologist, with childrens and babywear experience.
- Awareness of current childrens and babywear legislation.
- Well organised and methodical approach to work, driven by attention to detail.
- Experienced in liaising with offshore production, suppliers and factories, ideally in the Far East.
- Knowledge of dealing with test reports.
- Ability to manage critical path deadlines and to work independently in a demanding, fast paced environment.
- Ability to travel as and when required.
- Competent IT skills, a confident communicator and proactive, 'can do' work ethic.
This company is based in a lovely area of London and has been established over 25 years. Working with the best names on the high street, this global company pride themselves on producing quality products.
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.