Assistant Production Manager
5 days left
The Assistant Production Manager is responsible for coordinating the production critical path for multi-product womenswear from sampling to production working with the design team, suppliers and factories (CMT and Fully Factored). The successful candidate will have at least 3 years’ senior level experience working with premium high street, contemporary or luxury womenswear.
This design led contemporary brand is known for sexy, vintage inspired womenswear selling worldwide.
- Liaise with the Product Manager on factory planning for the coming season. Reserving proto sampling space with the relevant supplier.
- Plan factory prototype sample requirements and ensure timely delivery for agreed buy dates.
- Ensure costings and fabric ratings have been received from the supplier and negotiated where necessary before buy meetings.
- Manage PP1/PP2 sample days outstanding to ensure quick turnaround, (internally and externally).
- Liaise with Product Manager, QC and Design on priority list for fit sessions.
- Work with Design to select press sample requirements, confirm production space with factories and ensure sample fabric orders have been placed to cover requirements.
- Update critical path with received/sent sample dates.
- Organize despatch of samples to suppliers on a daily basis.
- Attend relevant buy meetings with Product Manager.
- Manage and communicate factory plans to relevant manufacturers in Europe and the Far East after confirmation and agreement with the Product Manager.
- Work with Design team and factories on timely lab dip submission and approvals.
- Negotiate factory cost prices for approval by Product Manager.
- Confirm production ex-factory dates with suppliers.
- Add costs to buy sheets for sign off by Product Manager.
- Create dockets, ensuring suppliers are sent copies in a timely manner.
- Prepare weekly exception reports for review by Production Manager.
- Review and update critical path on a daily basis and take any action necessary to ensure timely deliveries.
- Manage creation of L/C’s with Finance as required.
- Ensure presentation documents are fully prepared for product buys and Franchise presentations.
- Update Fast React daily – raise styles and orders, log samples in and manage the critical path using the system.
- Liaise with fabric and trim departments on ex-mill dates and trim available dates.
- Maintain strong supplier relationships.
- Attend fit meetings to ensure problems are highlighted and communicated to suppliers and relevant departments and monitor any changes that may have an effect on costings.
- Liaise with Merchandising and Design teams to ensure all departments have the same information.
- Senior Production Coordinator or Assistant Production Manager with experience coordinating volume based sampling and production.
- A minimum of 3 years’ senior level experience working in premium high street, contemporary or luxury fashion on multi-product womenswear.
- Sound knowledge of production processes and critical path management.
- Experience working with global suppliers and factories across CMT and Fully Factored product.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Positive, self-motivated team player able to communicate effectively with internal/external parties.
Apply for Assistant Production Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly