Exciting Kidswear buying opportunity with a rapidly growing fashion retailer to be based in Central London.
As a truly global business with a commitment to producing fresh, innovative collections every season, fantastic new retail spaces and further advancing digital presence, our client is currently looking to recruit enthusiastic, talented and passionate individuals to join their head office buying team.
- Work alongside Design team developing collection from the initial concept though to the finished product
- To plan, source and select a commercial range of products within a structured supplier base, meeting the company's objectives
- To increase turnover and profit by remaining competitive and innovative in line with competitors
- To manage the development process within an agreed critical path, ensuring that delivery dates can be met
- To negotiate with suppliers and maintain good working relationships in order to achieve the right product from the best source in terms of price, quality and delivery
- To arrange and present seasonal presentations to relevant store groups
- Manage and maintain flow of sealing sample process and liaise with QA to ensure accurate communication to the factory
- To achieve the best garment fit/ product by working closely with QA and design
- To analyse performance and forward plan / innovate where possible.
To manage a team effectively so that the Department runs efficiently and morale is maintained
Proven experience of working within a buying team in similar or identical role.
- Kidswear buying experience
- Strongly Analytical, Prioritizing, Interpersonal, problem- solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion) and planning skills
-Strong Verbal and written communication
- Demonstrate collaborative skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Self Motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines & reporting
Competitive salary and benefits