6 days left
- Job Type
As Women’s Print Designer you will be responsible for the design and artworking of a wide range of all-over prints and also placement prints for multi-product casualwear and formalwear. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years’ experience demonstrating a versatile fashion print design handwriting and commercial portfolio representing all the key print categories including ditsy, geometric, abstract, conversational, floral and animal prints. We are looking for a trend driven, feminine print handwriting. Fluency is Adobe Illustrator as well as Photoshop is essential.
- Working hand in hand with the product designers, identify brand appropriate trends in colour and print and translate into monthly trend boards, aligning with the Merchandising and Marketing brief.
- Review current iconic styles to correctly gauge how far to renew the product from season to season. Always probe for newness but protect the winners.
- Work closely with the PM to analyze the customer environment and insights through regular store visits and observations of customer behaviour, preferences and needs, etc.
- Trend intelligence gathering inspired by magazines, catwalks, vintage shopping, trade fairs and social media.
- Design into the line plan creating inspirational, commercial, on-brand designs.
- Formulate and prepare print trend boards for discussion with PM at the colour trend alignment workshop.
- Follow the design and development process from initial sketch to final artwork using Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Hand painting original designs as required.
- Execution of repeats, half drops, colourways and re-colouring of prints.
- Strike-off approval with designers at buy meetings to ensure an effective and efficient sample flow.
- Participate and contribute to the bi-annual overseas development trip.
- Provide input with sketches or swatches for support sign-off by PM/Buyer/Merchant at the first edit workshop.
- Women’s Print Designer with at least 2 years experience designing for a fast fashion retailer.
- Fluent English essential.
- Proficient use of Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Track record in translating the latest catwalk, trend agency and media trends for monthly delivery phases.
- Slightly feminine print design handwriting.
- Experienced in artworking and the print approval process from initial idea to final strike-off approval.
- Strong working knowledge of fabrics, colour and finishes.
- Confident presentation skills.
- Flexible approach with good problem solving capability.
- Demonstrate strong verbal, organization and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through in execution.
- Positive team player capable of working independently in fast paced environment.
- Degree in Print/Textile Design specialising in Womenswear.
Apply for Print Designer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly