Buying Director Apparel Nike
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At Nike, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Nike Retail employees inspire athletes of all abilities to tap into their potential. Step into a Nike Store or visit nike.com, and feel the energy, enthusiasm and passion for sport. That same excitement and consumer-first mindset reverberates through the Nike Retail Corporate team. A global network of buyers, visual merchandisers, real estate specialists, store operations directors and others direct the daily operations of nike.com and the hundreds of Nike Stores and Nike Factory Stores worldwide. The team constantly defines the new frontier of retail and creates the most inspiring and engaging consumer experiences in the industry.
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. We are a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries, and push out the edges of what can be. We’re looking for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Every employee brings inspiration and innovation to our business and we seek achievers, leaders and visionaries.
Join the Retail team at our European head office near Amsterdam as Buying Director. You will manage the buying team, reporting to Senior Buying Director.
- Manage the buying team, develop the team members and ensure the right resources to get the work done
- Provide leadership and strategic vision for all aspects of buying and merchandising for the region, with revenue and profitability as first priority.
- Develop the right pricing and mark down model to balance margin growth with inventory velocity.
- Lead monthly forecasts of sales and inventory for all basic and fashion styles, and develop strategies to meet financial goals for multiple categories, as well as manage the process for open to buy forecasts.
- Partner and influence strategic planning and budgeting process.
- Drive balanced, effective product assortment that meets or exceeds revenue targets and growth (manage SKUs, price flow, cadence, color, etc.).
- Communicate Factory Apparel buying strategies, vision and business results to senior leadership, category leadership, business unit leadership and field teams.
- Set category financial standards and goals, and leverage team resources to maximize revenue and profitability.
- Drive merchandising plans and strategies that support key seasonal stories and initiatives.
- Bachelor/Master degree
- At least 7 years' experience in retail buying or merchandising for apparel, footwear, or equipment/accessories businesses.
- At least 2 years of leadership experience.
- Experience in a Factory/Outlet business would be considered as a plus.
- Expert merchandising skills and thorough understanding of the product process.
- Strong business orientation, analytical aptitude, retail math and computer skills.
- High level of understanding of retail buying and /or wholesale merchandising.
- Ability to communicate complex topics and concepts to a wide and diverse audience
- Ability to lead complex initiatives and project teams
- Ability to create new ideas, generate consensus, and work cooperatively
- Proven knowledge in financial line planning, business planning and strategic planning
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. A generous benefits package only sweetens the deal. Nike also offers a casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability.