Denim Designer - Menswear
This leading European fashion retailer is looking to expand its head office design team with a talented Denim Designer to work on their menswear ranges.
Working within this dynamic international environment, as a key member of the design team you would work closely with product managers, technical designers and sourcing partners to manage the design and development process from concept sketching through to final sampling.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about denim and have:-
- Several years' experience designing denim garments for men
- Experience working along design, buying and sourcing teams, with a strong knowledge in product development, fit and manufacturing standards
- A relevant degree-level qualification
- Expert knowledge of denim construction, denim fabrics & weights, along with trims and components knowledge for jeanswear
- An intimate knowledge of the global denim marketplace
- Hands-on knowledge of denim washing and finishing methods
- Knowledge of Illustrator and Photoshop, along with Lotus Notes, Excel, Word and ideally experience of PDM /PLM within retail or brand environment
- Excellent communication, persuasive and team-working abilities
- The ability to relocate to Belgium (language skills unnecessary as the company is English-speaking)
In return the company offers a generous salary, benefits and relocation package, and real opportunities to progress your career long-term.
Please apply with examples of your artwork to demonstrate your relevant product experience – please keep attachments under 6MB.