Childrenswear Garment Technologist
One of Europe's largest and most respected fashion retailers is looking to recruit an experienced Childrenswear Garment Technologist with multi-product experience.
Based within a dynamic, multi-national and friendly work environment, this is a great opportunity to experience working in an international environment, benefit from ongoing training programmes and progress your career.
Reporting to and assisting the Technologist Manager, the role will include:-
- Leading the development process of kidswear product from design concept to production
- Liaising with internal and external colleagues in merchandising, design and sourcing, along with suppliers and manufacturers
- Sharing technical expertise cross-functionally, providing recommendations to colleagues
- Ensuring that each aspect of the technical design process is completed in line with critical path deadlines
- Completing technical packs, and updating as necessary
- Driving fit sessions, ensuring alignment and consistency across specifications to drive 'right first time' best practice
The ideal candidate will have:-
- At least 8 years' experience working in the apparel industry working along design, buying and sourcing teams, with a strong knowledge in product development, fit and manufacturing standards
- Expert knowledge of multi-product childrenswear with up-to-date knowledge of the applicable safety legislation
- Knowledge of Lotus Notes, Excel, Word, Illustrator and ideally experience of PDM /PLM within retail or brand environment
- Excellent communication, persuasive and team-working abilities
- A positive mind-set and the ability to embrace change, innovate and continually drive improvements
This position is based in Vilvoorde, Brussels so you need to be able to relocate to Belgium (language skills unnecessary as the company is English-speaking, although fluency in another language would be advantageous).
In return the company offers a great salary/benefits/relocation package, and opportunities to progress your career long-term.