Men's Technical Sportswear Designer
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced men's technical sportswear designer to join this multi-channel Global heritage sportswear business to join their successful apparel team. Reporting directly into the Design Manager for apparel, you will be pivotal in the design of the men's technical range.
Our client is a hugely successful global multi-channel heritage sports brand who are now looking to add a men's technical sportswear designer to their apparel team. Reporting directly into the Design Manager for apparel, you will be pivotal in the design of the men's technical range.
Based at their fantastic Head Office in the North West, accountability's will include the below:
- Research and interpret global consumer, market and design trends and input into seasonally relevant concepts, ensuring their application onto apparel offerings.
- Implement the creative vision for the Umbro brand and ensure execution within apparel.
- Ensure that all briefs contain the required information and are thoroughly understood before you begin a project.
- Together with the Apparel PM and developers, review all designs prior to development and all prototypes prior to being offered to licensees to ensure alignment with the commercial brief and the brand plan.
- Manage individual workload and timelines.
- Assist in the creation of the seasonal colour palette.
- Use the line plan to ensure all target prices are adhered to.
- Create accurate tech packs enabling easy understanding for development and factories.
- Contribute to the brands innovation agenda, identifying new ideas in the marketplace as well as formulating your own.
- Work with the supply chain team to ensure the apparel team is aware of limitations and the supply chain team is aware of future requirements.
- Be a role model, maintaining a positive attitude and supporting the broader team.
- Uphold the global brand positioning guidelines, or challenge where necessary, to ensure consideration of new product and program ideas.
The successful candidate will must have the below skills and experience:
- 2 years + Men's sportswear Technical Design experience within a retailer or brand
- A high level of technical sportswear knowledge, used to working within a fast paced and commercial environment
- Excellent computer literacy across Adobe Packages including /Photoshop/Illustrator and excellent CAD skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office - Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook.
- Innovative style with strong business acumen
- Strong team player who is driven to succeed and draws inspiration from working collaboratively with others
Competitive Package Dependant on experience