Head of Industrial Engineering
We are currently working on an exciting recruitment project with one of the leading global bra manufacturers, who strive to produce intimate apparel of outstanding quality for their customers in the US, Europe and Asia. They are currently looking for an industrial engineering expert to join them as Head of Industrial Engineering.
Reporting to the VP of manufacturing you would be leading teams of industrial engineers in China and would play a key role in ensuring excellence within the company's manufacturing and supply chain.
One key aim of this position is to integrate industrial engineering into almost all aspects of the manufacturing and costing functions of the business. The role would also include:-
- Building and leading the industrial teams across all facilities in each of their departments (planning, operation compliance, process improvements, quality management)
- Lead on key projects to ensure manufacturing excellence
- Working closely with the General Managers and Operations Managers across the facilities to improve processes and in transformational projects
The ideal candidate would have experience in a senior management role and:-
- Be a practitioner of Lean Manufacturing, GSD and Six Sigma, with proven experience of implementing projects and managing change in these areas
- Be highly effective in driving change, with strong communication, motivational and persuasive abilities
- Have demonstrable team-building abilities along with experience of leading and directing multiple industrial engineering projects across multiple facilities
Although based in Hong Kong you would be travelling extensively in to the various manufacturing facilities in China, language skills would be advantageous. Experience working with intimate apparel product is less important than leadership and strategic skills and depth of knowledge and experience within industrial engineering.
The role offers a generous salary plus benefits package.