General Manager - Intimate Apparel Manufacturer
One of the leading Global intimate apparel manufacturers, who design, develop and produce garments of outstanding quality for their customers in the US, Europe and Asia, are currently looking for a General Manager for their plants in southern and eastern China. Based at their facility in Jiangxi, which is planned to grow significantly over the two years, in this role you would play an integral part in maintaining the highest standards of excellence in business and operations.
Reporting to the VP of Manufacturing your role would include:-
- Ensuring the facility is operating to the highest standards in social compliance and corporate responsibility
- Directing the policy-setting, administration and development of the plant
- Ensuring operational integrity and a focus on quality in production processes
- Leading your team in executing strategic changes
- Formalising training and development throughout the workforce
The ideal candidate would have:-
- A minimum of 15 years' experience in Manufacturing / Production
- At least five years' experience in a regional or country management role within garment manufacturing (experience in lingerie preferable although not a requirement)
- Ability to speak Mandarin is an advantage, if not then experience in China is essential
- An analytical and strategic approach with experience of managing change
- Strong leadership skills, along with team-building, communication, negotiation and persuasive abilities are important in this role
- Knowledge of industrial engineering, Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and implementing Kaizen centres
Further information including details on salary package and benefits will be discussed with successful applicants.