With a growing network of high street stores this leading premium fashion retailer has built a reputation for style and innovation, a reputation it is working very hard to maintain. A key aspect of these efforts is the recruitment and retention of commercially astute, free thinking merchandising professionals. Right now it is looking for an experienced assistant merchandiser for its womenswear department.
This is an exciting opportunity for an assistant merchandiser looking to broaden and deepen their retail experience in order to pave the way for a future in the top tiers of head office retail. Offering challenge, responsibility and the opportunity to influence range strategy, this assistant merchandiser's position principally involves:
* Working with the merchandiser to ensure departmental profit and turnover targets are met;
* Preparation of historical data reports by department, sales and stock levels, margins, OTB, mark-downs and stock-turn;
* Forecasting and analysing your designated category, including price analysis;
* Working closely with suppliers and other head office teams to plan, develop and trade new, profitable ranges.
The ideal candidate profile for this assistant merchandiser role would include:
* Previous experience at assistant merchandiser or senior allocator level in a quality fashion retail environment;
* Excellent numerical and analytical skills;
* Strong commercial grasp of trends within the fashion market;
* The ability to present ideas confidently to suppliers, colleagues and heads of department;
* Ambition, energy and drive.
This assistant merchandiser role would be perfect for a head office professional looking to demonstrate their rapidly developing commercial abilities. It offers a big stage within a high profile retailer in a hugely competitive sector; succeed here and a glittering future awaits. It also offers a good salary and benefits package along with a generous staff discount.
Don't miss out on this great opportunity!