Accessories & Footwear Technologist
As Accessories & Footwear Technologist you will be responsible for the technical execution of the Men’s and Women’s Accessories & Footwear collection from initial prototype to gold seal in line with the critical path, brand ethos and compliance guidelines working closely with the Design, product and production teams.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience in hard accessories, leather goods and footwear for a premium high street, contemporary or luxury brand, expertise in women’s premium accessories and footwear is a must!
- Responsible for executing accessories & footwear following styles from initial prototype to production sign off encompassing handbags, SLG’s and formal footwear.
- Work closely with design to interpret design aesthetic from sketch into reality.
- Ensure all leathers, components and hardware meet brand quality and performance expectations and are approved in line with the production timetable.
- Check prototypes against spec for fit meetings.
- Attend fit meetings with Design and Production, ensuring that fit packs are complete and manufacturers are updated.
- Liaise with Design and Production to ensure quality is maintained.
- Ensure all technical information is up to date on product packs.
- Liaise with design and suppliers to maintain product approval deadlines in line with the critical path for production.
- Inform suppliers of any production quality issues and take appropriate action.
- Identify and resolve problems as they arise with production in the warehouse.
- Monitor Customer and Supplier returns in orders to report on supplier performance.
- Create and manage the critical path for fit sessions.
- Fit and sign off approval pre-shipments samples.
- Issue any special care instructions.
- Work with the Senior Technical Manager to ensure supplier guidelines are adhered to, updating the existing QA manual as appropriate in relation to sampling, construction and labelling.
- Technologist with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Men’s & Women’s Accessories & Footwear, (women’s essential).
- Premium high street, contemporary of luxury experience essential.
- Expertise in leather goods including hardware, (handbags, footwear, SLG’s).
- Ability to sign off product to Gold Seal Standard.
- Understanding of production requirements from a commercial as well as a design perspective.
- Positive team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer literate MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent organisational skills with sound knowledge of the critical path.