Childrenswear Senior Buyer
An upbeat and driven Childrenswear Senior Buyer is required by our client who is a leading fashion retailer to join their head office based in Dublin. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for one of the biggest fashion retailers in the market.
My client is one of the largest and most successful fashion retailers across the UK and Europe. They continue to grow and have a glamorous sparkling new office with a space in their Childrenswear Senior Buyer team they need filling.
As a Childrenswear Senior Buyer you will look after the following -
As a retail Buyer, you will develop and source commercial and on-trend ranges in order to maximise sales and profitability. You will thrive on negotiating the best deals and be a people person with a commercial edge and a desire to drive your department forward. Reporting to your Buying Controller, your key responsibilities will include:
Sales and Commercial Focus
- Analyse performance and review current range to ensure that sales, margins and profit are achieved.
- Take appropriate action in-season on repeats, cancellations and rescheduling of orders.
Identify range opportunities
- Interpret trends and translate into commercial products using trade fairs, WGSN & fashion publications.
- Constantly review competitor offer and the market in general.
- Prepare for & present regular range reviews and presentations.
Develop & Source Products
- Review existing supplier and identify new suppliers and manage relationships.
- Control negotiations to ensure best price and margin. Evaluate supply base performance based on price, quality and delivery.
Lead and motivate team
- Take responsibility for own development as well as manage the training of junior team members.
Experience and Skills Required for a Childrenswear Senior Buyer:
- Proven track record in menswear apparel buying
- Product sourcing from both domestic and overseas is essential
- A key understanding of fashion trends
- A strong eye for detail
- A proven Knowledge of the product development process
- Proven track record within negotiating
- Willing to relocate to Ireland is a must
Highly competitive +Package