Recruiting Now! We are looking for two Customisation /Alterations Machinists to join a new team which will be based from the company’s Leicestershire site, working across multi-product womens and menswear. Responsible for the alteration and embellishment of finished garments as well as the quality of any alterations or customisation.
Customisation/Alterations Machinist- The Role
Provision of fast, commercial product processing completing on time deliveries in line with briefing from the wholesale / retail and product development / design executives in our London office and the Processing Supervisor and Logistics Manager in the Leicester site.
Duties will include:
- Cutting labels out & machining new ones in
- Customisation of garments and accessories as per specifications (simple customisation only)
- Attaching swing tickets / kimbels and size labels
- Repackaging garments and accessories after label changes
- Checking goods and repacking
- Processing / amending returns
- To use skills and experience on industrial sewing machines such as Lock-stitch, 3, 4 & 5 Thread Over-lock, Button and Button-hole machines amending stock garments & Blind Hem machine
- To ensure the Processing Supervisor is fully aware of any problems encountered when amending stock garments (quality problems, fabric problems, make up problems) etc.
- To provide regular productivity report updates for the Processing Supervisor as directed ie. volumes and order progression.
Customisation/Alterations Machinist- The Person
- Minimum of 2years experience as a machinist using industrial machines (Lock-stitch, Over-lock, Blind Hem) working in fast fashion supply, or previous relevant experience within a processing role.
- Good knowledge of garment construction
- Manufacturing line experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
- Take responsibility for daily tasks and able to prioritise clearly and quickly
- Warm friendly personality, someone who remains calm under pressure
Please apply with your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
Apply for Customisation/Alterations Machinist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly