Processing Supervisor – The Job
- To contribute to growth of the business by overseeing the new processing unit based in the
- Leicester warehouse to deliver on time high quality product to specification
- To contribute to the delivery of margin targets through continual productivity, monitoring and the setting of high standards
- To support the sales / product development and design teams with fast, quality commercial
- processing of garments and accessories to deadlines
- To train and develop the processing team to undertake the required levels of work at the standard set by the business and core customers
- To monitor encourage and motivate the processing team, providing appraisals and progression planning where appropriate to underpin the growth of the business and ensure the well-being of staff
- To keep streamlined accurate, real time records and digital records of work in line with business process strategy
- To provide reporting on work in progress (WIP) and productivity to the management team as required
- Set high standards for work quality in line with the business strategy and core customer needs for all those working in the processing team
- Problem solve, delivering consistent reliability
- Attend to and promptly raise any issues which may impact on delivery schedules, proposing solutions to keep production processing on track
Processing Supervisor – The Person Specification
- Previous experience within quality management or processing supervisor/ processing controller, supplying high street fashion / apparel to retailers and online providers.
- Good knowledge of garments and fabrics / commercial inline sewing techniques and machinery
- Good knowledge of garment construction
- Manufacturing line supervisory experience is highly desirable
- Microsoft Office (Word/Excel)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Previous experience of supervising/people management
- A team player, someone who engages with people at all levels, confident in supervising others
- Self-motivated, detailed and task orientated approach
- Ability to prioritise clearly and quickly
- A flexible approach
- Someone who thrives on working in a fast, dynamic working environment and remains calm during busy periods
- A strong interest and passion for fashion!
Please apply with your updated CV to email@example.com
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on 0115 922 3335 quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.