Our client is a fast paced and demanding sourcing office with global operations. They have an exciting opportunity for a expat Product Manager to join their team based in their New Delhi office.
Product Manager - The Role:
- Achieve sales targets.
- Set sales budgets for each relevant product category / department.
- Establish a strategy to achieve the sales target.
- Monitor status of sales against the budget on a continual basis and make adjustments as necessary.
- Work with the UK Buying and Design teams to understand the needs of the Customer. Use this information and your understanding of the Product Offer from the Country / Region to develop strategies to grow the business.
- Stay updated with UK fashion trends and product directions within Next. This will involve regular travel to the UK (and inspirational travel elsewhere) and constant communications with UK Buying and Design teams.
- Manage the product offer from the Country / Region. This will require developing a good understanding of local mills and garment makers in terms of their product range, prices and leadtimes.
- Fabric being key, constantly look at moving fabrics on and ensure a great range of textured to basic fabric is put on the table at the beginning of every season.
- Work with the Merchandising and Technical teams within the local office to ensure the Product Offer is backed-up by excellent service and quality. In particular, development samples and price quotes must always be fast and accurate.
- Ensure samples leave Delhi looking aesthetically correct and endeavour to review all samples prior to dispatch.
- Ensure Customer visits to the Country / Region are well prepared and that visitors are always impressed. Plan to visit the customer in UK minimum 3 times a year to offer new products from the country / region.
- Solve problems and deal with issues professionally and promptly as they arise.
Product Manager - The Candidate:
- Strong design or product development background in Woven and Knit across childrenswear for UK market.
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills to develop strategies to offer the brand a competitive edge.
- Excellent communication skills to work with the Merchandising and Technical teams to ensure the excellent Product Offer.
- Strong calibre to push the sales business and work on price.
- Resourceful, energetic, analytical and competent.
- Loads of energy, real self-starter and great problem solver.
Product Manager - The Package:
- Competitive salary + benefits including accommodation, transport and trips to the UK.