Artworker - Burton
A BIT ABOUT
‘A man thinking brand’. Established in 1903 by Montague Burton, Burton Menswear London is a staple on the British High Street. Burton’s aim is to be the most inspiring, best value fashion brand for their customer. Burton’s core customer is 25-35 in age and mind-set. He has an interest in fashion but wants it to be ‘easy’ – easy to wear, masculine and good quality, but a good price also. Using multiple channels to research and purchase, he seeks regular newness of product and outfit ideas. However; over 30% of Burton’s customers are women!
- To work closely with the Production Manager and Creative team, providing print ready artwork for all print projects. Also providing general support for the team.
- WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
- Prepare and package all artwork for print across all formats. Digital, litho, screen and cardboard engineering.
- Work with the Designer to mark up and create retouching notes and liaise with the retouching agency.
- Manage the creation of Chromalins as and when required.
- Set and amend artwork from initial concept as directed by the Creative Team, working closely with the Graphic Designer where required.
- Upload artwork using Stingray or Leapfile to the relevant printer and be responsible for approving all PDF’s prior to going into production.
- Artwork and produce presentation packs for campaign sign off and review meetings.
- Keep an up to date library of all graphics used within the business. This needs to be updated seasonally and items that are removed added to the ‘to be destroyed list’.
- Responsible for managing a user friendly and effective artwork management system where team members can easily find artwork files when required.
- Archive old artwork files where necessary.
- Create the ‘arriving this week’ document and liaise with the Retail teams advising them of what is arriving where and when.
- Familiarity with POS elements, namely window posters, vinyl decals, tent cards, strut cards, cutter guides, brochures, leaflets.
- Previous experience within an artworking role and an advanced knowledge of Adobe CS.
- The ability to prioritise and organise your own workload based on the CPA of each project. The ability to adapt to change is a must.
- Understanding of typographic hierarchy and basic design principles.
- Knowledge of print processes would be beneficial.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate across all levels, building strong working relationships.
- Ability to perform under pressure and operate in a fast paced environment, maintaining the ability to meet deadlines and flex where necessary.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Flexible approach and use of initiative.
- Motivated, committed and driven and a desire to learn from others.
- Strong team player and ability to work well independently.
THE EXCITING PART
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- A special treat when you join us!
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted
You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
Apply for Artworker - Burton
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly