Sourcing Manager (Buyer Level)
Hours of Work: 9.30-5.30
WE’RE GOING PLACES….
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
Do you have fantastic sourcing skills and great understanding of the end to end Buying process? We have an exciting opportunity for a Sourcing Manager that could be for you.
Reporting into Head of Sourcing you will be working as part of a hardworking team in an exciting environment. You will be responsible for:
- Develop knowledge of River Island supply base and production locations/leadtimes for each product area
- Collate and analyse R.I dept. sourcing plans to give shared visibility, and highlight planned changes to supply
- Support strategic sourcing projects to improve end-to-end efficiency; speed-to-market; and margin
- Assist research into new sources/suppliers, to support delivery of the buying strategy
- Manage New Supplier Enquiries and database
- Understand supplier ways of working; and how to drive efficiency in the supply chain partnership
- Support Assessment (KPI) process and promote shared visibility of performance across the business
- Assist Suppliers and Buying Teams with Supply Chain process queries; and issue resolution
Buying Support and information
- Deal with day- to- day queries from the buying teams, liaising with Shipping; DC; Legal; Accounts; Technical and other River Island teams to resolve issues
- Maintain central sourcing information on shared drive(including RI Manuals & Policies; Process notes and Training; Sourcing reports and Market updates)
- Seek to continually improve the efficiency of Sourcing team information, communication and support, in line with Business Strategy
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING….and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- Currently in a sourcing or Buying position within a High Street retailer, supplier or preferable with experience in both
- You should have a sense of ambition and be passionate about our brand
- Always looking for opportunities to expand and grow the business, as well and have a personal level of ambition that matches this.
- Reliable: Able to take responsibility for decisions, and can be trusted to get things done
- Keep learning and inspire others: Learn new ways to improve your own performance and contribution to the business to help others to achieve higher standards too
- Work as a team to get the job done: Quick to look for ways to help and support colleagues (and suppliers) and proactive and positive
- Up for a challenge: Flexible to changing circumstances; Enjoy being busy and know how to manage this.
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Bonus scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Competitive holidays plus bank holidays
- Season ticket loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking
Apply for Sourcing Manager (Buyer Level)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly