With us, you’ll work at the creative, cutting-edge of fashion. You’ll source emerging boutiques and spot trends, as well as work with some exceptional luxury brands.
Our Commercial team consists of Buying & Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Brands Partnership, Business Development & Vendor Funding. Now a team of over 30, we have grown extensively over the last 3 years and collaborate with almost every team across the business. From building the initial relationships with our brands and boutiques, to making sure that all of our products look beautiful on our site; you will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the work our brilliant team do.
The role will support the Buying & Merchandising Director to help define and execute the Womenswear buying strategy. You will work with our boutiques and internal team to manage the selection of product to Farfetch.com to both drive sales, capitalize on opportunity and manage risk/costs.
The buying team aims to support the online growth of our boutique partners through strategic planning of brands on Farfetch, identifying gaps and opportunities within categories and identify new brands ahead of and in line with competitors.
The womenswear buyer will be primarily focused on the Non-Apparel division whilst remaining malleable across all other categories
What You’ll do:
- Identify growth opportunities within the product range
- Support boutiques for strategic buying, in line with their specific profile; as well as providing insights on new products and brands
- Work alongside merchandising to plan and forecast brands potential and identify key boutiques to realise growth
- Help support and direct brand partnerships by identifying opportunity with representation in product gaps
- Work with Business Development and Account Management to implement product merchandising plans
- Support visual merchandising strategy that aims to show the right product at the right time
- Provide marketing teams with product selection as necessary, notably for email and social activities
- Drive new website ideas to increase merchandising performance and work with product team to implement
- Represent Farfetch fashion identity at market in showrooms, trade fairs and shows
Who You Are:
- Experience as a buyer with merchandising experience in a multi-brand environment
- Great understanding of womenswear fashion product, with knowledge and feel for what works and how to grow a business profitably
- Understanding of fashion retail economics, preferably with exposure to smaller boutiques as well as larger retailers
- Experience in visual merchandising, ideally in an online business
- Strong product selection skills, combining data and knowledge/feel to select the right product for the right place
- Commercial relationship management skills in dealing with suppliers
- Ideally, 3+ years at buyer level preferably within womenswear fashion
- Ready to be part of and create new opportunities, outside of the traditional buying model
- Strong analytical mind set and ability, with proven experience in an analytical role
- A creative problem solver & decision maker
- Able to do both analysis and create actionable insights
- Intermediate user of Excel and a belief in driving activity from analysis
Teamwork, Management and Communication
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent teamwork and influencing skills
- Proven ability to build, lead and manage teams
- Results driven
We love hearing from you and want you to be as ambitious as we are, but before applying please ask yourself the following...
- Is this role a good match for me and my long term goals? We want to really know why you have chosen this career.
- Do I have all the skills and experience required for this role? Be realistic. We will only consider applications that demonstrate relevant skills or the potential to match the role requirements.
- Spell Check. As simple as it sounds make sure your application is to the highest standard. You will be surprised at how many applications we receive with spelling mistakes on them.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff, applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships